Monday, May 12, 2008

CAKE!

I didn't get your standard Mother's day brunch and card this year (thank gawd!). Instead I got free tickets to see Cake at the Paramount and then lots of boozy good times over pitchers of beer and greasy pub food. That is the best Mother's day present this Mother's day hating mom has ever recieved.

And I forgot just how many Cake songs fucking rock. So here's a few to remind you all.

I Want To Love You Madly (for a very special Farm Boy-should you be reading about yourself again)



And of course- How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle ( I'm friends with the musicians or with the ushers- that's how I do it)Remember kids- excess ain't rebellion.



(BTW the above video makes me totally think of the college age Obamabots)

And finally, for Ms. Jay and her fab ghetto bootay. For taking me to the show here is a video just for her.



(I'm not actually kidding about the usher part- at one point I dragged Ms. Jay past the easiest entrance to our seats because "I may have taken that poor usher's virginity and then not called him back after he asked me if I played Halo")

No comments: