Monday, June 20, 2011

So now internet scammers are working the disemployed

Ugh, I just got a response back to one of the resumes I sent out last week asking me to submit to a credit check through a seedy looking site. Actually everything about it looked seedy. But you can't check these things out before you email your resume when all you've got is an anonymous craigslist email.

I am creeped out because these people have my name, address and employment history already. Now they want to scam me out of my social security number and birthday. Fuckers. Not. Gonna. Happen. (actually I sent all the info to the WA state AG's office. Once upon a time this office used to do awesome things, but I have very low expectations of our second term Republifucker AG).

But this is all to be expected in an economy with the highest level of sustained unemployment since The Great Depression. It's also expected that the poor and desperate are most likely to be the targets of these scams. Rich people don't have to do things like log every employment contact and accept any job, no matter how awful, that comes along or suffer more consequences than being merely unemployed.

Ugh. People suck.

No comments: