Monday, May 16, 2011

Dating and Politics

I've never been a believer in unrequited love. Well, it's not that I don't believe in it, it happens I am sure. I just refuse to waste any time or consideration on anyone who isn't at least as interested in me as I am in them. The biggest turn off in the world to me is disinterest.

Depending on your views of romance, this has served me pretty well. I haven't spent huge chunks of time pining for someone who would never love me back. I also haven't had lengthy psuedo-relationships with manipulative asswipes who run hot and cold. perhaps this is what made it relatively easy for me to spot Obama's corporatism and general assholery early on.

Just like in a romantic relationship, my loyalty to a political party or candidate is based purely on their concern for people like me. But that doesn't render me heartless. I feel for poor Cornell West, just like I lend a shoulder to friends who find they've been taken in by a cad.

So to all my brothers and sisters who've been thrown under the bus and know it, here's a shoulder. To those who still refuse to admit it, despite the glaring lack of interest Obama and the Dems at large show for the disemployed, the foreclosed, the uninsured, the uterine possessed and anyone who isn't a board member of a corporation or a bankster it's time to admit the ugly truth. He's just not that into you.

No comments: