Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Art Blogging

The first thing I do when I move is hang the art. Since I lost all of
it, including all of my own paintings, I am making do. The apartment
feels more empty to me because of the bare walls than because of the
lack of furniture. When I got Kid's Bed, I also got 4 awful pictures
that I am cannibalizing for my own paint. One was your standard boring
garden print, over the top of which I am painting a giant Buddha in
the lotus positions with a bright red background. But instead of
having both eyes closed in peaceful meditation he's got one eyebrow
raised and is giving a hard side eye to something. He's half finished.
I ran out of paint. The other one I'm doing is the beginning of a
series. I've always loved travel posters but am grossed out by the
exoticism. So I'm going to do some paintings of travel-style
revolutions. I've started on one of Subcommandante Marcos/Citizen X
that will read 'chiapas' and I'd like to do one for Tunisia and Iran.
But again, out of paint. I'll post pics when they are done, if you
like.

No comments: