Monday, March 08, 2010

The insidiousness of advertising

I am a person who almost always has a song stuck in my head. The other night Wonder started playing "your song" by Elton John, and I was maniacally compelled to sing along. It is just one of things. I get songs, phrases, ideas, what have you, stuck in my head. If you said to me "the sun" I would have to finish by singing "is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace". Have to. Can't not finish the song.

It's ridiculous, I know. But of all the problems in the world, it is one of the more minor ones. Or so I thought.

Because now it is happening with idiotic feminine hygiene commercials.



Now everytime I go to refresh (shit, I even almost spelled that with a ph) my email page, which is often because this compy doesn't do well with anything beyond basic html, I hear "rephresh" in that morphine dosed lady voice from the commercial.

This may be the thing that finally cracks my fragile hold on sanity for good, the compulsive repeating of vagina cream commercials.

Help?

No comments: