Friday, March 19, 2010

Birthdays, Blogiversaries, And things that are less joyfull

35 years ago today, I was born. For the first time, I feel old. I don't know if it's actual age or the horrid state of the world, but I feel every ounce of my years and then some. 30 was an easy breasy piece of cake, (I had my 30th birthday 3 times, that should give you all some idea of how much fun 30 was). But 35 makes me want to stay in bed. No drunken karaoke. No phallic cookies. No trips to exotic places. Just a warm bed and a stack of sappy movies. Recommendations please? I just watched White Teeth on Hulu and thought it was fab. Not so much sappy, but I loved it.

Now that I've depressed you all.

It's also the blogiversary, 4 years to be exact, of this here little blog. It's had it's ups and downs. It's spikes in readership and drops. It's trolls. It's had 2 names and more co/guest bloggers than I can shake a stick at. Overall, it's been a good thing. But sometimes I feel so frustrated that so very little ever changes. It's hard sometimes not to get bogged down in the totality of shit that there is in the world.

Speaking of shit in the world, on this day, March 19, 2003 Bush started the Iraq war. 7 years later and we're still there. That should shock and awe the shit out of you. Perpetual war, great.

So here's a little birthday music to lighten the mood

The Sugarcubes- Birthday


Concrete Blonde: Happy Birthday


Altered Images: Happy Birthday

No comments: