Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's that most bleggiful time of the year

You may (or may not) have noticed my recent disappearance from the intertubes (again).


My lovely family has been footing the entire cost of housing and feeding us for the last 3 months. We are not a cost neutral addition to an already pinched household.And the internet is an expense they didn't have before we got here. They've already got a house they are trying to save from foreclosure (think predatory lending + one of the few homes that isn't upside in a mortgage in the state of Florida and you can understand why a bank might be keen to get it from them)and more out of pocket medial expenses than you can shake a stick at. It's bad, but they took us in anyways.

I need help, to buy groceries, to pay the internet bill and get it turned back on, to play Santa Claus for the kid and for these people who took us when we had no where else to go. I also need the internet back on so I can find work. There isn't a lot of it out there, but what I am qualified for requires me to apply online.

So if you've got some spare kibble- please throw it in the donation box.

No comments: