Saturday, November 14, 2009

At what point do we qualify as a third world nation

My friend Ms.J sent me this link and I thought it was too important to just throw in the reader.

UN investigator accuses US of shameful neglect of the homeless.


In my old, super blue, super "progressive" hometown, tent cities have been renamed "Nicholsvilles" after the mayor. There are trailers parked under interstates where homeless people live because it's one of the few places the police won't harass them. The Kid and I are just lucky we have family who could take us in. We don't have a tent or a trailer.

My aunt told me today that she heard half the school aged kids in Las Vegas are homeless because of the housing crisis.

And how many people still can't return to New Orleans after Katrina?

What does it take to wake people up, cause 8 years of Bush didn't do it and Obama seems to be just as thoughtless when it comes to the massive fucktastrophy. Do the homeless have to start pitching their tents on suburban lawns? Or better yet, right in front of the White House?

Would it even matter? I've already been proven right that Obama doesn't care about women, or real health care reform, or anybody who makes less than 100k a year. Would shoving this problem in the face of the Democratic party do anything when the Dems are so busy trying to prove their actually Republicans.

Seriously, cause I'm mad as hell but self-immolation in front of FDR's memorial on live tv seems to be the only way we might get some actual results.



This is the memorial. The sign reads "They (who) seek to establish systems of government based on the regimentation of all human beings by a handful of individual rulers......call this a new order. It is not new and it is not order."

No comments: