Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Oh fucking typical

So the Kid had his first meeting with his asshat of a father today since he was a year old. I set it up so that his school counselor would supervise the visit (when asshat and i split up, the judge ordered that asshat ONLY have supervised visits).

I need to bitch here cause I have to put on the nice face for the Kid.

Asshat hasn't paid child support this month (or last month, or most of the last 13 years). He owes 40k in back child support. In the last 13 years I could have popped out more babies, but being a rational adult with one child already and not enough money, I didn't. Asshat- not quite so rational. It turns out the kid has 3 siblings. Which would be fine, if asshat were supporting the Kid. But...........

It turns out he's like some bad joke defendant on Judge Judy.

And to make it worse, just like I thought he would, Asshat comes bearing gifts for the Kid that do nothing towards feeding, housing or clothing him. But it makes asshat look good in front of the kid. I have to be the jerk mom who says "No you can't have all your friends over for birthday dinner because we can't afford a party" or "I know your shoes are falling to pieces, can you wear the ones that hurt your feet for a couple of weeks till I can fix it" of "Dude that box of rice crispies has to last an entire week. Stop eating them all".

So I sent a nasty email to asshat. It was a spur of the moment, shitty thing to do. But fuck I am pissed. Here's what it said with Kid's name redacted.

Were you planning on paying child support anytime in the near future or should I tell Kid you can't because your other kids are more important?

One target card does not feed or house him. But it does make you feel better. Not exactly the kind of dad Kid deserves.


I wish I could afford a bottle of vodka, cause today is totally a shot drinking day.

No comments: