Thursday, February 05, 2009

They don't pay me enough

Every year there is a new student who drives me bat shit crazy. And after 5 years, the students have been, without exception, dudes.

I have had a student who would come in, have me explain the same things to him over and over and over again until I sat down and basically did the work for him. This is the only student I have ever yelled at, because it was painfully obvious he was trying to get me to do his homework for him.

This quarter my "problem student" is just sooooo obtuse I feel a bit like slicing my wrists every time he comes in the lab. Last week I had to explain to him that objects on the screen are not life size, just like on TV. Today it was 20 minutes explaining to him that he can't get rid of a blank document because there is nothing to get rid off. He just kept staring at the screen saying "but I don't want it" and trying to select the page to delete it. He wasn't trying to exit the program. He still wanted to use it, he just didn't want there to be a page there. (The program is a CAD program, but imagine someone who wants to type up a document in word and then gets pissy because he has to open a new document to do it).

That is all. I am now off to find any reasonably sharp implement with which to gouge my eyes and eardrums out.

No comments: