Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Music and Furniture Moving

So the Kid is moving into my closet next weekend (the closet is the size of a NYC bedroom folks, so it's not too terrible) and I am rearranging my room so I can hang closet rods on one wall (sorry lathe and plaster, but it's cheaper than buying a wardrobe). I went thrifting yesterday and found an old 1940's vanity which has replaced the card table i was using for a desk ($14.99- and I've been coveting one of these forever).

To help make the labor go faster, I've been playing Gang of Four. Best described as disco punk and an obvious influence on bands like Franz Ferdinand, I love love love the Gang of Four. They had a wee resurgence a few years ago when they played the Live 8 concert. The lyrics are political, the beats are dancey, and it hits all the happy revolutionary buttons in my brain.

I love a man in uniform


Natural's not in it

No comments: