Friday, November 07, 2008

Two things that will inspire me to public rage

Bad manners and picking on my kid.

So last night when our extremely late bus finally showed up, the bus floor was drenched with water. And slippery. The kid got halfway back and fell hard. He hurt his back. It took him a really long time to be able to get up. Everyone on the bus was quiet.

Except the one asshole at the back. Who was laughing at a little kid getting hurt. My kid getting hurt. And not a little chuckle, but a big booming bwahahahahahahahahahaha that went on forever.

Mama Lion is not pleased.

So I looked up from helping the Kid up and said "You think it's fucking funny picking on a little kid who just got hurt. Didn't your momma teach you any fucking manners you asshole"

To which the doochebag responded with "didn't yours teach you any"

"Yeah, she taught me to fucking stand up for my kid, asshole!"

At this point the dooche start muttering about how I am a "fat assed bitch". Thank god for feminism. My fat ass- not something that is really going to hurt me. However, Dooche is a giant fat man. Not a big muscley man, but a big bellied, taking up 3 seats on the bus, fat man.

So I look back and say "It ain't like you're the skinniest thing at the back of the bus asshole."

At this point one of doochebags friends says "Dude she's mad and your being a dick. Shut up".

When we got home and I finished telling the story to Ruth, I asked the Kid if he was embarrassed by my public display of rage. He said "Oh no, the guy was an asshole" (note that cuss words are earned in my family, last night the kid definitely earned one). Kid has always said that he "Loves watching my mom yell at people". I figure it's the best way I've got of teaching him to stand up for himself and for others.

No comments: