Wednesday, August 27, 2008

But I don't want to

pack and clean anymore. I just want to wave a magic wand and be done with it all. I want magic powers.

The kid and I have an ongoing conversation about what superpowers we would like to have. Sometimes they are the expected like being able to fly, and I have always said that I wanted the ability to be fluent in every language. But we've come up with a few not so standard ones too.

The cleaning snap: Kid and i wish that we could just close our eyes, snap our fingers, and have all housework be done. No muss, no fuss, no hours of mindless labor. I really really hate to clean. And I really really hate that because I was born with ovaries it is expected that I will be more tidy than someone without them. I already cook and decorate and make stuff by hand. Adding cleaning responsibilities on to that just seems like housewife overkill.

The bubble of no harm: This one isn't so much a shield or a weapon. It's more the idea that anyone who would want to cause us harm (like say 3 grown up thugs who think robbing children is a career path) would experience crippling regret and shame for having those thoughts before they could act on them. It means dealing with a lot fewer assholes and saving our strength for the doochebags that morals don't work on.

And of course, we want teleportation now. Right now.

No comments: