Friday, September 28, 2007

I have a big dirty secret

I run a mac lab, a lab full of Apple computers, and yet I am in no way, shape or form, a mac lover.

I am pleased as punch that because my lab is full of macs, my job rarely requires me to do any OS trouble shooting. But I have a PC at home and that ain't ever gonna change.

I hate alot of Apple products. I think Itunes blows giant chunks. I don't want it coming anywhere near my giant MP3 collection and turning files that will play on almost anything into files that only work on it's stupid program. I use Winamp instead. It's easy, doesn't require me to convert everything into a library before it will play it. I just right click on my PC and enqueue into playlist.

I don't own an Ipod. I have an Archos Gmini that I love love love. I just drag and drop files into it's music folder and tada- they play. It holds a charge for damn near forever (I think I last charged it for a few hours a week or so ago, maybe) and I can make playlists super quick on the device without sacrificing precious file space for a giant stupid program (hello Itunes- I'm talking to you!)

And now, proof that Apple isn't the shiny alternative to PC's that Mac freaks like to claim it is. The Iphone- that shiny piece of overpriced plastic that geeks lined up for (dumbasses) has been hacked to work on any GSM network. So Apple issues a software update for the phone that effectively kills all the phones that have been hacked.And this is all after Apple had to give 100 bucks back in credit to the early Iphone buyers to make up for the price dropping by 200 bucks just after its release-but that $100 credit can't be used at the Itunes store- you want content for your shiny new phone- you're gonna have to pay cash just like everybody else.

Nice. Makes me want to kick the dark haired geek boy from the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials. But mostly it makes me feel really superior to those bright eyed Mac fanatics. Suckers.

UPDATE: Could I use the word shiny any more? Seriously, may be time for me to buy a fucking thesaurus.

No comments: