Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nasty Weather

I thought moving to Central Florida meant I would miss most of the Hurricane/Tropical Storm fun.......

yep, that big blue blob in the middle is Lake Okeechobee. I'm about 50 miles away as the crow flies...

Not so much worried about personal safety this time... we're on relatively high ground & Mom & Dad's house is concrete block...

I'm just hoping the roof of the church stays in place & doesn't become completely porous

Time to batten down the hatches, I guess...

4 comments:

Wonder said...

ok, i'm done trying to edit this thing, why can't blogger make it so my preview actually looks like the blog?

Anonymous said...

Because your previewer is pulling from one stylesheet, and the actual site pulls from another.

If you're talking about the image placement, the other issue is that the site's columns are set up in a way that the previewer can't discover. Not much can be done about that...

DeeK said...

good luck wonder, tell us how you make out

Wonder said...

thanx, it looks now like we may to be getting ths storm from the "bad" direction (the area north & east of a tropical system typically gets the worst of the winds)

yuk.

still it could be worse.

I'm concerned, but not scared, really