Monday, June 12, 2006

Today is a very good day

I just got back from a meeting with my anthropology professor and we had a damn good talk that included my making fun of the economics professor. I said something about how the econ prof was so sexist that the way he talked about his wife in class was "like she is the shiny prize he gets for being an asshole". It took the prof a good minute and a half to stop laughing, snorting really. It was great.

I also brought in a collage I made on fear as a part of American culture. He liked it enough that it is now proudly hanging on his office door. I may not be an artist who has sold anything- but at least I'm displayed somewhere.

Why the hell am I telling you all this. I have a favor to ask. Over the summer I am doing some writing for this proff on several books and a movie.. Because I am flat ass broke and saving every dollar i have so I don't have to beg on the streets of Cancun- I need 2 books. If anybody local has them to let me borrow- I will gladly trade you some of my books. Ever wanted to learn about Italian Marxists? Cultural Hegemony? Activist priests like the Berrigan Brothers? I've got some stuff on the Religious Right, the Zapatistas, lots and lots of political theory from people like Samuel Huntington and Wallerstien. Much much more!

The books I am looking for are Cruddy by Linda Barry and Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski.

Anyone- anyone?

1 comment:

Wonder said...

hey, do you have a photo of above-mentioned collage?

I'd like to see it