Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hallelujah! Rejoice in the laundry.

I am covered in the filth of war, lint sticks to me like the brains and blood splatter of a defeated foe. And defeat it I finally did!

There is lint everywhere. It trails from laundry room to kitchen to here- right in front of my desk. But it no longer blocks the path to true freedom and clean, dry laundry. It was a hard fought campaign. The Royal Family had been reduced to wearing the undies at the back of the dresser drawers and not exactly matching outfits. The carnage was fantastic and I was reduced to little better than an appliance butcher in order fight the fiendish chenille threads and downy fluff. I reached into the belly of the machine and blindly took the lint down. It was a sacrifice, but it is now done.

A few minutes ago I pulled out the first load from the newly conquered dryer. It was warm and clean and most importantly- dry. I buried my face in the cloth and breathed in the soap scented sweetness. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

DeeK said...

wow! the monarchy must be falling on hard times. the indignity! And the people wonder why SOMEONE will be beheaded.

The Red Queen said...

Slightly hard times as the monarchy is saving it's duckets for the royal procession to Mexico. (Actually- I have started cleaning my little bro's apartment for travel cash- of the shame but thank god someone in the family makes money).

DeeK said...

my, you are the most benevolent dear queen!