Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Smells Like a Smackdown


During the Newt Gingrich phase of the Republican revolution I lived in Gingrich's congressional district in Georgia. Actually, the Kid's daycare was just a few doors down from Gingrich's local office. Everyday, stuck in rush hour traffic, I would imagine myself throwing eggs at his office in the steamy southern heat. But it was Georgia, and going against Newt could get you in serious trouble. So I went and volunteered for the Democrats.

I am more than a little surprised at Gingrich's current criticism of the people who inherited his legacy. But, whatever. We always knew that Newt was more opportunist than true believer.

What I am surprised by is seeing a Democrat with some serious fucking teeth deliver a smackdown. US Rep Tim Ryan needs a WWF wrestling name. It's almost like he hit them with folding chairs- their own folding chairs.

Go watch this- Un.Able.To.Govern.

(Hat tip to Feministe for both this video and the Jesus Musical. My slack ass forgot it in the original post)

No comments: