Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bin Laden Dead

There was a time when this news would have made me happy. But 10 years of war in Afghanistan where we average to kill one "bad guy" for every 30 people and drone attacks in Pakistan and I don't fucking care. That's 10 years that Bin Laden got to strengthen his networks and use our atrocious wars as propaganda to gather more followers.

And pardon me, but I can't help but think of how desperately Obama needs a bump in the polls and a distraction while he works with Republifuckers to complete the robbing of the Aemrican populace for spoils to give to the wealthy reduce the deficit. And I wonder how the Pakistan government feels. Did they authorize us sending a team into their country? Will we stop bombing them now? How long will we remain in the clusterfuck that is Afghanistan? The answer to these questions I fear will not be positive.

ETA: Is it just me, or are the crowds of cheering gleeful celebrants making Bin Ladens' death a bit nauseating. Was the dude a murderer and terrorist- hell yes. Is it still gross to party over his dead body. Hell yes.

No comments: