Sunday, June 12, 2011

Damn my kinky uterus

After I got my ultrasound back, I made a panicked (couple of) call(s) to my awesome doctor's medical assistant. After reviewing the results, Awesome Doc asked MA to pass on that "No, (my fucked up) uterus would not make getting an IUD difficult, but here's a couple of valium (because I was obviously freaked out about the whole thing)".


Cut to Friday afternoon. Valium taken, legs in stirrups, scary pokey medical instruments jacking open my bits like they need a flat tire changed. And the doctor says "huhmm, there's just no obvious path in there". 


So my kinky uterus is, in fact, an impediment to getting an IUD. All hope is not lost, however. Next month I get to take a dose of misoprostol, one of the drugs used for medical abortions, the night before my appointment to open up my bits. Fun huh?

No comments: