Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Excuse me if I can't find my tiny violin.

For the rage of the recently rich.

I've had my own bad day, thank you very much.

The single tiny benefit I get from my job has been a quarterly $10 bus pass. That is it. No retirement. No health care. No discounted state employee tuition. No sick days or paid vacations. No cost of living raises. Nothing but a buss pass.

And I just found out that the price for my buss pass has gone from $10 a quarter to $120. I am so pissed right now that I can't even do the math on what percentage of an increase that is.

But that is not all the bad news.

There is a level 3 sex offender who has or will be starting classes on my tiny campus. I am totally fine with giving everyone (even sex offenders) the chance to rehabilitate themselves. But the administration in all it's wisdom decided that my campus can share a security guard with the campus 2 blocks away. I am often the only staff member here after 4pm. It is a very desolate spot in an otherwise urban area. My boss is worried for me. I am worried for me. I don't even know who the student is. And who wants to bet that the administration is not going to shell out for another security guard but will instead cut my hours (and the lab hours) so that they don't have to shell out the extra cash.

This is fucking intolerable.

No comments: