Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In praise of awesome doctors and medicaid

So medicaid sucks for dental, but this is what socialized medicine can
do. For at least the last 2 years I've been suffering from serious
fatigue and pain. I wake up and it's like I've been beaten with a bag
of rocks before I even get out of bed. Doing anything, taking a
shower, grocery shopping, washing dishes etc was like climbing
everest. I have a family full of fibromyalgia sufferers. I thought
that all I would get was the hard side eye from doctors, or a Rx for
narcotics that would dull my brain. But I lucked out and my doc has
hit me with a multitude of minimal side effect treatments and a month
in I'm 75% better. I walked 2 miles today. I'm in a shit ton of pain
now, but 2 miles is like running a marathon compared to a month ago. 2
years of suffering with no insurance. One month with insurance and I
am a mostly productive person again. Go figure.(YMMV of course, but
I'm shocked as shit that the first round of treatment is working so
well. I've never seen that happen with fibro).

No comments: