Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dear Gwyneth:

I noticed you recently posted about a day in your life. It's been getting a lot of snarky attention around the interwebs, because of your complete lack of self-awareness perhaps.

I'm not going to tell you how abysmally privileged and condescending your aspirational little newsletter is. That's been done. Instead, I'm going to tell you what I would do if I lived your life for just one week.

First thing's first. I'd give everyone the week off. No housekeepers, no nannies, no personal trainers, no drivers, no stylists, no hair dressers, no makeup artists. No grocery deliveries, and actually the family is going on a strict budget for that week. They'll eat what regular people eat for a week and I'm pretty sure they won't die. No shopping for anything non-food unless it's toilet paper or toothpaste. (Though I am fairly sure that someone as exquisite as you never ever shits or has plaque).

And with the money I'd save, I'd feed and house and clothe the kid and I for an entire fucking year.

That is why people can't stand you, btw.

No comments: