You have a tough choice ahead of you, several of them actually.
You can either do the things you need to do to get re-elected, or you can do the things you need to do to get money to be re-elected.
You have a majority in the Senate and the House. You have the White House. Not stop acting like you're the av club at a frat party and you're gonna get beat up.
We, the people, you remember us right? We sent you there to do a couple of things.
1. Healthcare, single payer or strong public option. No fucking triggers. We all know that any conditions you set up now will only be watered down by insurance vampires later.
2. And BTW- your base is mostly women, our health care matters too. Sell out our reproductive systems and just see how hard it is for you to get fundraisers set up come election time.
2. Stop fucking around with bi-partisan ship. It's a freaking pipe dream and is NOT how our system is set up. Most of you are lawyers. You know about our adversarial justice system. Our political system is the same thing, adversarial, for a reason. If our system was set up for bi-partisanship then we would have more than 2 main parties and have all sorts of laws about how coalition governments are formed. But we don't have that. We have a 51 percent, majority rules system because both sides are supposed to fight with each other. You and your fuzzy across the aisle talk are breaking the system.
3. The economy, the economy, the economy. Everyone not made rich under Bush is hurting bad. That means just about everyone. Do something, preferably something that puts more money in the hands of people and not bonuses in the paychecks of banksters.
4. Don't wanna be seen as the mommy party? Then start acting like you're just as mad as the rest of us over stagnant wages and crooked bosses and corporate thievery and a financial system that can hold the whole world hostage. Just because we don't sink to the lying, tantrum throwing asshatery of the right doesn't mean we don't have a right, shit, an obligation to be mad at what has been done to our country and ourselves. How can we ever think you'll stand up for us when you spend all your time sniveling?
5. The LBGT community and women got you elected. Dance with the ones that brought you mother fuckers. Overturn doma and dadt, protect bodily autonomy, and don't fucking apologize for ensuring human rights for everyone. That is not something that should ever be compromised.
We are mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore. You can join us pissed off masses and do your jobs, or you lose your jobs.