Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I want to be a pirate



Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ultimate evidence that humanity is going to hell, that modern society has degraded and that, honestly, the sooner it's over with, the better.

IX. If at any time you meet with a prudent Woman, that Man that offers to meddle
with her, without her Consent, shall suffer present Death.
that is an article from the code of Pirate John Phillips, captain of the Revenge. His code was set in 1724.

So, basically, pirates 200 years ago regarded death as ajust punishment for rape. Yeah, I know that it says "honest woman" and I am yet to find any special recommendations regarding prostitutes, but still. Almost 300 years ago, these outcasts had a better idea about how to treat rape than our modern society. Do you know why?

I'll tell you why. Because there were quite a number of women pirates. A lot of them. Some ruled over entire fleets.

Has anyone ever wondered why outcast and outlaw communities are the ones where women florished most? A lot more than in the inaptly named "civilised society"? I'll tell you why: because personal valour is a lot better to manifest itself in places where dumb rules don't apply.

So maybe the best way to achieve equality is to abolish civilised society. that works for me, because civilised society sucks bollox


No comments: