So the kid has a 100 point geography assignment due tomorrow.
He was supposed to listen to a world pop program on the radio and guess where 4 or 5 of the bands/musicians are from. He did not do this.
So instead he got subjected to some of my favorite world pop. And now you will too.
1) Manu Choa- Me Gustas Tu. I have no idea where he's from. He sings in both Spanish and French.
2) Maria Rita- A Festa. Brazilian jaz/pop. It makes me happy that someone with such a gorgeous voice exists in the world.
3) A remix by the Roots of Zap Mama's Rafike. Zap Mama is from the Congo but currently lives in Belium.
4) Mummy Troll. I have no idea what this sing's tittle is, but the singer was conscripted into the Russian army and has a different song where the entire chorus is a bunch of school boys singing "hoy" (Russian for penis)
5) Julieta Venegas- Casa Abandonada. She's actually from LA and because she speaks Spanish with an American accent I can totally understand her.
6 & 7 are both Gogol Bordello cause we love Ukrainian Gypsy Punk Rock in these here parts.
Start Wearing Purple
Supertheory of Supereverything