Sunday, May 04, 2008

A meme

Shamelessly stolen from Sir Robin because I like it.

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Mine is after the jump

From Unspeakable Acts, Ordinary People by John Conroy

We kidded around, saying he'd gone off for a haircut and had his hair colored." At forty-two, Sean McKenna was the oldest of the hooded men. During one of the interrogation sessions he had forgotten the names of his children.


It should be noted that I have quoted this book more than any other in every college paper I ever wrote. Yes, I keep a book on torturers and torture techniques near my desk all the time. But there is a wee bit of hope at the end of the book. There is a small section on the types of personalities that work against torture. They are usually from an outsider group (like Huguenots in Catholic France), the had one morally idealistic parent who held them to strict standards, and they have a sense of adventure.

If you like, either leave your's in comments or leave me a link to your post.


No comments: