Tuesday, October 17, 2006

34.5 hours

without smoking and nobody is dead yet. But the foggy-headed, blurry-vison thing has set in. I feel like my witty reparte has been muzzled.

How long does the blurry vison thing last? It's like someone smudged my periferal vision. I've had some offers on substitutions for the oral fixation (fucking Freud, oral fixation my ass). But it isn't the act of smoking that I miss. There's really only been one moment where the habit of putting something in my mouth was the issue and it took about 2 seconds of rational thought to end that.

I wish nicotine patches came in mega doses, or I could keep the nicotine happiness without the death potential of smoking. If they have methadone for heroin junkies I don't understand why I can't just take a big ole nicotine pill.

1 comment:

DeeK said...

1/2 way there girl. You'll start smiling on Thursday. New energy will fill your lungs. Think of yourself as a non-smoker. Think of all the times you won't be standing in the rain just because you're smoking a fucking cigarette.