Saturday, August 06, 2011

The nice thing about getting older

is that I no longer think I have to ignore street harassers.

Case in point:

Thursday morning I am walking from the bus stop, down a hill, into work. A guy stops at the bottom of the hill and does the creepy look up shit. I know what's coming, so I snarl at him.

Of course I get the "oh baby, you should smile. You're a beautiful woman. If you smiled then the world would know it."

So I screamed, yes screamed, in the angriest voice I could muster without proper caffienation "Oh yeah cause I wanna fucking smile at creepy strangers on fucking street corners. Fuck you!" I did make the older woman next to me, waiting for the light to change on the corner, a little nervous. But fuck that shit. I am done. If I am not smiling at you it's because I don't know you and don't want to know you.

Next time, the douchenoodle who keeps telling me "God loves you, you may not think so but he does" is getting a "God's a fucking fairy tale, invented by tiny minds who don't want to take responsibility for their own lives".

Religious street harassers bug me just as much as the other kind. I am done. I am over it. I am (almost- if I live to be 80) middle-aged and I can tell shitty strangers that they can fuck off if I want to.

No comments: