Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Happy Thanksgiving Thought

Many of us are uncomfortable with the whole Indians and Pilgrims made nicey nice and had a big festive party to celebrate coming together meme of Thanksgiving. Hell, I haven't called Thanksgiving "Thanksgiving" for years. It's Carb-Fest to me.

It's hard to maintain the illusion when you think about genocide and small pox blankets.

But I am a slightly vengeful person. Little acts of payback make me cheerful. I know, I should be a better person blah blah blah. Wevs.

So in the spirit of cheerful bits of revenge, think about this: while Europeans brought us Natives small pox, it is highly possible that in exchange for murdering us and raping us and stealing from us, we gave them syphilis.

It's a really poignant form of revenge, only inflicted on rapists and after many many years it turns their brains to swiss cheese. It's not enough revenge to make it fair, but it does make my cold dark heart a little warmer.

No comments: