Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Seriously- stop with kid hating already

So I wake up this morning to someone's toddler screaming bloody murder outside my bedroom window. "IIIIIIIIIIIIIII WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

And this is not the first time it has happened.

But I live across the street from a park. And Kids are part of society. They exist,yes they do. And just like beer bellied rednecks in wife beaters, the fact that I don't like them much (except for my own kid and the kids of my friends) doesn't mean that they can or should be shut away until sometime when they are less annoying.

So I refrain from screaming obscenities at the screaming child's parent, because screaming children are fun for no one and I'm sure the parent is already having a lousy morning. Much the same way that I refrain from screaming obscenities when the local university's football fans take over the public transport system.

But kids don't vote, or pay taxes. They are needy little bastards, each and every one. So many people who find tiny, gooey, filth covered hands and snot covered faces distasteful feel the need to bitch at already harried mothers for LEAVING THE HOUSE WITH CHILDREN IN TOW.

Children should be kept under lock and key until they are full of the appropriate amount of teenage angst and eyerolling. (At least according to the child-haters)

So when an idiot politician makes a crappy remark to a single mom with her kid who is asking about health insurance, surely the real matter is "How dare that woman bring her child into a public space"

and not "How dare that politician be such an retching ass nuggett"

Amirite?

No comments: