Friday, May 23, 2008

Enlightenment

Sometimes, even Royalty has to admit when they are wrong.

And I've been wrong. I was kinda working up to an apology to Nader voters, but today while warping yet another student, I had an epiphany.

And it's dumb cause I should have had the epiphany when I was writing the first Hillary Racism Obama Sexism post, or at least by the second, But no, it came to me in a flash mid-argument.

I still owe the Nader voters and apology. Sorry and all that. You were right, vote your conscious, etc.

But this is an apology to all the poor or working class whites who voted Republican ever who I thought were stupid for "voting against their own-self interest". You weren't. I get it now.

You were voting for the party that would let you maintain what little bit of competitive edge you had (racism).

And when you had a viable non racist candidate that acted in your best interest, you voted for him twice (Clinton).

You don't want to be racist. You just want to keep your families fed and housed. When neither party is offering you a better way, you go with the party that at least will keep the status quo.

I get it now.

I should have gotten it sooner.

And more people in the Democratic party should get it, but there is only one candidate in this entire race, Republican or Democrat, that gets it now. It's not a coincidence that she also happens to be a Clinton.

No comments: