Friday, March 14, 2008

Ear Candy- All Nostalgia All the Time

Since I named this running series over at Random Babble, I have no problem shamelessly liberating it. Besides it's Friday. And in one week and one day- I'm leaving on a jet plane!

Since I am getting old, I'm doing songs that got me through high school. Rawk on peeps! Rawk on!


Since Erasure was so popular at Christmas, here's Oh L'amor



My favorite Cure song ever (OMG Robert Smith was so young and Hot Hot Hot!)



Concrete Blond- Someday. Johnette Napolitano was my first ever girl crush and I can almost sing this song in key. That is a major accomplishment.



And because it came up last night- Alphaville Forever Young. This was the theme song from prom my freshman year. The prom theme was young and innocent, which was funny cause we had the highest teen pregnancy rate in the country at the time. That I waited until I was almost 10 to have a baby is the equivalent of having waited until I was 40 in any other community.edited to add DEAR GAWD WOMAN- read your stuff before you post! That was supposed to say waited until I was 20- NOT 10. How fucked up would that be? (The song is actually about nuclear holocaust, but why would we let actual meaning get in our way)



Depeche Mode- Master and Servant. I was insanely jealous because one of my good friend's older sister got to hang out in a hot tub with these guys.


No comments: