Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm not not speaking to anybody

except maybe bill collectors.

I just can't face watching another guy friend turn into a cheerleader for Obama. I can't. It hurts me personally.

But why are you taking this so personally? You might ask. It's just politics.

Except it's not. "Periodically feeling down" may not seem like a big deal to you, but you've never had a boy totally dismiss you, your ideas, your opinions and your anger because "it's that time of the month". That is personal. It means that Obama thinks that women are to be dismissed as incapable at least once a month.

So I can't get into another argument with a guy friend. I don't want to hear how by not supporting a candidate who dismisses me and half the population is equal to my voting for McCain. It isn't. I have a right to demand that the candidate I vote for has my best interests at heart. Telling me to hold my nose and vote is like telling me to cut off my tits and pretend I'm a dude. It ain't gonna happen.

No comments: