Friday, November 23, 2007

Belated Thanks

I am hungover and didn't got to bed until 6amish. I threw out my back lifting the giant turkey in and out of the oven. It was an awesome night.

So things I am thankful for:

1) I have the awesomest kid on the planet.

2) I have really cool friends

3) 20-something year old boys. It was 2 young guys who stayed to clean up and watch Shaolin Soccer (and one of them who gave me -uhm 3 or 4 helpings of "dessert". Actual line spoken last night "How about the guest bathroom, every time I brace myself on the counter I land in turkey juice")

4) Chess pie. It's like sugar in a creamy sugar filling with a sugar crust.

5) My friend Dave's vegan zucchini bread. OH MY GOD! I have never had anything so delicious and it was vegan and gluten free. I have no idea how he did it.

6) Deviled eggs. I made 18 eggs, they were gone in under 10 minutes.

7) Spanish wine. we had a lovely Spanish rose, but it was the Cava that people were throwing down for to get a glass.

8) Singing with friends and family. I got a Woockie seranade of "You are so beautiful to me", the Kid and I sang several rounds of " The sun is a mass of incandescent gas" and the Naughty Proff dedicated "Fat bottomed girls" to Ms. J and I (Though Ms. J has the superior ghetto bootay)

9) Advil, advil, advil

10) Boys who will do a finger puppet reenactment of the Medici's fight against Savonarola with me while arguing about how to pronounce Medici. I say it's med-I-chi, he says it's MED-i- chi

No comments: