Wednesday, September 26, 2007

MMM tastes like bronchitis!

I got knocked on my ass by some evil flu bug. I am just chock full o' snot. Nice huh. I haven't had a bug like this since I was a perpetually dieting teenager. As a much younger version of myself, I lived on salads and water and 4 (yes 4) hours of exercise everyday.

And I got sick alot. I had bronchitis all the time and walking pneumonia a few times. I was always hacking up a lung. I came to know the difference between a cold and being really sick with bronchitis - it tastes different. And right now I taste like bronchitis.

So I went to hall my sorry ass down to the drugstore. It's less than half a mile. A short walk that I make everyday. But I could barely get out the door. Thank god for my neighbor, she pulled in just as I was walking out and drove me.

So I had to buy something with suddafed in it. Not just regular suddafed though cause suddafed all by itself will actually turn post nasal drip into something more bronchial. I needed a suddafed/ guifinasen (I don't know how to spell that- it's what Robitussin is made of)combo.

Pre- scary meth days, this was an easy task. Go to drugstore- peruse cold isle. Buy medicine. Now I had to spend 20 minutes getting my id checked, signing my life away on a broken computer pad and arguing with the overworked pharmacist when he tried to sell me the name brand version that was $13 more than the generic.

All while running a fever. Nice.

Do we really think that locking suddafed up behind pharmacy counters is stopping meth from being made? No. We're just making sick people grumpy.

That is all I got for now.

No comments: