Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Last words

I have to drop the marriage equality talk for a while because it physically pains me- I mean heart sick, nauseous, migraine inducing pain- to continue the argument with people I am friends with on something that is such an integral part of my character and values. It's easy to disagree so vehemently with people you don't respect, but I feel vicious anger coming on and I don't want to unleash that on someone I like.

With that, I ask you to try some empathy. You may not think that marriage equality is a life or death issue, but for some it is. For others it is just the day to day discrimination that wears them down. You can start with reading the stories at Freedom to Marry.

1 comment:

DeeK said...

I understand. i feel the same; it's an exhausting argument. But I am NOT against ssm. Please understand the distinction.