Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Peace Takes Courage

A certain someone has argued with me in the past that liberals are always screaming insults and conservatives are the ones who behave themselves rationally in arguements.

I have never heard of or heard a liberal threaten to rape, beat or murder someone, let alone a 15 year old girl, for having a different opinion. (I have suggested that blue states should dump the red states- but that doesn't involve killing anyone).

Then I read this: Animation Producer Gets Ugly Slurs

Ava Lowery is a fifteen-year-old who lives in Alabama. She calls herself a peace
activist, and for the past year, she’s been producing her own short animations
on her website, peacetakescourage.com. All in all, she’s made about seventy of
them, she says, and most of them oppose Bush and his Iraq War.

So of course the wignuts come after her with comments like this. (Remember- she is a 15 year old girl and the bolds are mine)

“It’s people like you who need to fucking die and get raped while your
corpse rots in the sun
,” said one e-mail Lowery shared with me.
“Fuck you, I would jack off on your parents if I could. If
you don’t like the team, get out of the park. That means take ur small dick
and get the fuck off of my homeland you faggot chocolate gulper.”

“You are a TRAITOR to your country and should be executed for
treason
,” another one said. “All you do is bitch about the US. If
you hate it so much, why don’t you GET THE FUCK OUT.”

I watched the WWJD video and got seriously teary-eyed. There is nothing treasonous about it. These same people who are threatening to rape a 15 year old girl seem to have missed the idea that democracy means getting to have a different opinion from the one propagated by your government. So for the certain someone who keeps claiming that conservatives are the rational, practical ones- maybe you should read more and spout less. There is nothing rational or practical about rape and violence.


4 comments:

Wonder said...

I'm ashamed to admit I had to stop the video after the first verse, it was just too much...

i'm ashamed to admit my immediate reaction to the sickos and their horrible threats would only add to the violence in the world...

The Red Queen said...

Wouldn't it be nice if with no muss, no fuss you could just wish asswipes like them out of the world. I don't wish them pain so much as I wish them to not exist.

Wonder said...

That would be better, yes. But in the absence of a magic wand to wave them all away with, I guess we'll just have to hang in there and KEEP TALKING LOUD until wingnuts like this are the ones who are marginalized... of course i have a feeling these folks feel "marginalized" whenever they have less than a 51% share

Wonder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.