Friday, April 07, 2006

Pause for amusement

http://www.judaism.com/display.asp?nt=ajao&etn=IIBHH

I swear…I’m not making this shit up. If you’re ready to begin your child’s conditioning on the implications of a wrathful God…look no further than

Plush Plagues Bag
Includes all 10 plagues!

Ages 3 & up Keeps the kids entertained during Passover. This plush yellow plagues bag contains representations for all of the plagues (not necessarily in the correct order):

A spooky eyed drop of blood
A Frog for frogs—of course
A Giant Lice for lice.
Cow for cattle disease
Black Locust for locusts
A white satin lump of hail
A black cube of darkness
An icky boil on a piece of flesh!
A snarling lion's head for wild beasts
and last of all a very sad head - for death of the first born.

The frog, lice, cow and locust wriggle and roll their eyes, quiver, buzz and move when you pull their string and are apx 4.5" long.

No sissy red algae in the Nile science explanations here.

5 comments:

The Red Queen said...

I want the whole set- just so I can bring the plague on people. I think I would sit infront of one of the mega churches and just throw plague dolls at people while screaming "filth and pestillance on you all!"

MdH said...

Now that sounds like FUN! I just had to giggle at them. "Includes all 10 Plagues!" As if getting 5 plagues would be a cheat of some kind.

The Red Queen said...

I would love it if I could scream "a pox on you, and you and you" but I don't think any of the plagues are poxes.

Yes- 5 would be a cheat.

Bill said...

damn i want locusts! oh yea, i've got boils! i'll trade you!

The Red Queen said...

Are boils a pox- cause if boils are a pox then I'll trade ya 10 locusts for 10 boils