Thursday, December 04, 2008

Reality crashes head on into the internet

Ouyang Dan asked me today if I ever imagine the voices of of bloggers while I read them. Sometimes I do, if they have a particularly strong and personal writing style, but not always.

It turns out OD does hear voices (hahahaha) and that my writing voice is very stern and serious.

HA!

In real life- I sound like Minnie Mouse on crack. Or at least I think so. I spent years as a wee girl in speech therapy because i was so nervous when speaking that my voice would squeak and they were afraid I'd break a vocal cord if I kept talking that high. I'm not, by any means, a nervous speaker now, but my voice still sounds like a little girl's. Which is one of the reasons for the smoking and drinking, I'm trying to get a boozey, raspy, grown up sound to my voice.

So peeps- what about you would shock us on the internet?

No comments: