Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I promised you clown make up

and clown make up you shall get.

So little known fact about me. Back when I used to be a skinny aspiring anorexic, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I love fashion still, but the silliness some designers use to make their mark just blows me away.

So from the City Magazine Paris comes the following must have Printemps (Spring) Styles


For example- bright yellow Hammer pants. Yep- you can't touch these.


Now I know these are shown with the hip (cough) gladiator sandals (do you remember wearing these last time around? Do you remember that all those extra straps mean dozens of new fun places to get blisters?) but I think they might go better with these:

No, those aren't baby booties. They are powder blue moccasins for grown up girls (ew). Now let me say hurray for shoes that won't sprain your ankle (unlike the heel-less heels that were fall's folly) but these have to be some of the ugliest shoes ever made.

So now that we've got your bottom covered, let's talk about your top. Specifically, make-up.

I bet you didn't even know there was such a thing as "sexy clown" style. But if that much color is not your thing, try this:

It's a little bit Hitler, a little bit Robert Palmer, and definitely affordable as all you will need is one oversized black kohl eyeliner.

Now on to something serious. I am all about the one giant piece of gawdy costume jewlery trend and have been looking for a suitable ring for months. I found this darling piece of bling at the St. Ouen flea market (where we were discouraged from going because the brown people there would rob us blind- I shit you not)
This baby cost me all of 6 euros and I totally would have haggled it down but Ruth wimped out on me.

No comments: