Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quick update

It's been a totally sucky weekend, though I am now at my friend CJ's house abusing her facilities in the worst way. Tomorrow I'll be back at work and able to write more.

I was told on Tuesday that it would take 48 hours, which meant that I would have part of the problem fixed by 2pm on Thursday. Numerous phone calls, voicemails, etc were made Thursday afternoon and all day Friday with no response. There is an automated update line that I have been dialing like phone psychic junkie that tells me that there is no information on my case. If I didn't have a doctor's appointment that took me months to get first thing tomorrow morning, I would go down to their office and make a nuisance of myself until they tell me something. The soonest I can harass them in person is Tuesday morning, which means the soonest we'd have power back is Wednesday. Which means one entire January week spent in the dark and cold. Shit, at this rate the money I've spent on candles and batteries and take out (and overdraft fees cause we didn't have the money for candles, batteries and take out to begin with), plus the money it's going to cost me to restock the fridge would have gone a long ass way towards paying my bill.

I'm tired of this. Really really tired. The constant struggle for daily necessities has pretty much eliminated any tiny glints of joy. I'm at the bottom of Maslov's pyramid with no options for climbing up.

No comments: