Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Perspective

I've got less than 10 minutes to write this- so forgive typos

I have never been able to write my own name in the snow with my urine. I don't have the kind of equipment that makes that easy for me. But just because it is not something i can do easily, I don't deny that people can write their names in the snow.

I also have never been pulled over for driving while black. Actually, anytime someone has been pulled over while I'm in the car- they get off with a warning. That doesn't mean that I don't think black drivers get pulled over more often than whites. It means I listen to my black friends when they talk about their experiences and I believe that what they experience is real. i do not have to have known a situation to feel empathy for it.

So when I say that what I have experienced from Christianity is sexist and some guy goes out of his way to prove me wrong by twisting words, I wonder if he's ever tried to walk a mile in someone else's shoes- especially a pair of high heels?

No comments: