Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Name, Same Game Mostly

This little blog has changed substantially since I first started it. I started out with me and a bunch of wonky boys. Then Wonder showed up (yay- more estrogen).But life gets in the way of blog time and it's only been me writing with occasional Wonder hits for awhile.

Since it has become the "all about me" blog- I changed the name. It makes more sense and gives me an excuse to use one of my favorite nicknames.

Welcome to Elizabitchez.

At some point I may move to a new blog home where the URL will match the new title, but for now thewhitepapers.blogspot.com will remain.

4 comments:

Wonder said...

I'm a lazy lazy blogger :(

I have some drafts out there that I need to do something with...

some of the references aren't exactly current, so i'll need to blow the dust off of some, & delete others, & post, but i haven't because (insert handy bullshit excuse here)...

The name change is umm.. interesting....

did you know we actually have the same name in a way?

yeah, we've probably had that discussion....

The Red Queen said...

I know our names are related. I also know that my mom almost named me your name- but you got it first.

so interesting? Is thatinteresting in the same way southern ladies use "cute"?

Wonder said...

ah, crap.

Have i gone all prissy-southern-lady again?

"isn't that nice?"

translate interesting as: "it's unexpected and i'm not sure what i think yet..."

it is funny tho.

oh, and yes, Lisa is basically a shortened form of Elizabeth... (alhough i look too much like my dad to be a shortened form of you) :>

The Red Queen said...

Haha!

I'm all about reclaiming slurs- so I'm a big fan of the word bitch- in that you can't use the word unless you are one (or in the case of the word cunt- have one) sort of way.

You know what else is a variation on Elizabeth- Isabel. There's something like 35 different variations and diminutives including Libby and Elsa.