Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A vaguely scientific approach to the last 3 senate races

So I am an election geek. Here's my prediction so far:

Montana: It's a wrap for Tester. He's been over 50% all night and exit polls give him a substantial lead.

Virginia: Maybe it's optimism, but I'm giving this one to Webb. There are 6 counties that still have votes to report and Webb is trending ahead in 5 of them.

Missouri: Oh how I wish I could call this one for the Dems. This is the race that used the Michael J Fox stem cell add. But it's an absolute toss up. Of the counties left to report, McCaskill is leading in 5, talent in 4 and 7 have no results in at all.

In other news- First Female Speaker EVER! And we haven't even had the vote for 100 years yet.

1 comment:

DeeK said...

I am so trying not to do the happy dance!!! Webb's called himself the winner. MacCaskill is up with 85% reported. I am so having trouble keeping the feets from moving!

this just in:

Breaking News 2:19 AM ET:
McCaskill, Democrat, Wins Key Senate Race in Missouri

NyTimes

Go Tester, Go Tester, Go Tester!