Monday, November 13, 2006

Oh the irony

For the last month I have been fighting with the Seattle Housing Authority. Due to lax accounting practices they have been overcharging me for rent to the tune of almost $100 a month for the last 6 months. Last week I sent a large package to their office including proof of bad accounting and a request for a formal hearing.

Today I got a call from Seattle Housing and as soon as the guy announced who he I was I got terse and put on my "Don't fuck with me" attitude. Then he let me know he was calling to see if I was interested in a position. Shit.

The job would put me firmly back in the tax paying middle class with a fat government benefits package.

He's going to call to set up an interview early next week. There is a large part of me that would enjoy showing these people how to actually do accounting (mama was an accountant and I don't play fast and loose with the numbers). Would you all still love me if I was even more of a government shill?

No comments: